Friday, May 01, 2009

Rock The Vote

When was the last time you got involved in a Battle of the Bands style contest? Not as part of the band itself, but as a participating audience member or part of a musical electorate? Well why not give some moments of your time and get stuck in? West London types Magic Ship have been set against a Scouse band called The Fare Evaders (and you would too if you came from that neck of the woods). Anyway, I hear the latter are fans of Stevie Gerrard's team so I'll be voting for the band whose bass player's footy club will be collecting the cup as champions this Saturday afternoon. I'll be there to watch the glamour unfold at Griffin Park when the Mighty Bees will be awarded their much deserved cup. Anyone who votes for Magic Ship tonight and sees me at the ground tomorrow will be rewarded with a free drink. Editor's decision is usually final - so don't push your luck by saying you managed to vote more than once. This competition is being held by none other than the old fogeys' favourite hairy-arsed music magazine Classic Rock. If you have a heart, spare a few precious minutes from your hectic lifestyle and amble on over here to vote for the Magic Ship boys. Otherwise Rover (above) ends up as kebab meat.
If, however, you are a bit pressed for time you can simply register a vote for them by sending an email with the subject line ‘Magic’ to classicrock@futurenet.co.uk.
Luv'n'hugs,
I'mnotHowesysoI'llshutthehellup.

12 comments:

The Mistress said...

When was the last time you got involved in a Battle of the Bands style contest?

Uh. Never?

Istvanski said...

Well will you please do so just this once?
Purdy puhlease?
With sugar on top?
Colin from Magic Ship is doing a BBQ next week and everybody, and I mean EVERYBODY IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD is invited if they vote for them. He'll even pay for your airfare and put you up for the night.
He wants to win real bad.

Romeo Morningwood said...

Any band with a "hint of The Faces and a dash of Mott The Hoople in their music" has my vote!
Done deal.

Mark Sanderson said...

Ooh, the Faces? A bit of Rod the Mod?

I was at Griffin Park this season. Tense 0-0 with Rochdale.

Anonymous said...

chazza said: Will there be a return of you bare bum'd behind that apron of yours, making me a 'full English' tomorrow if I vote. , §;-o xxx

Momentary Madness said...

been there did that- magic to win.
God it all sounds involved, I love it.
I feel like I'm in prison here in Finland- a backward incestuous....?

savannah said...

there's an award for you at my place, sugar! xoxox

KAZ said...

Any fan of Stevie and his team are enemies of mine.
I'll get over there NOW.
(signed: an Everton fan)

Jay said...

OH, so cool!

Dick Headley said...

I voted for Magic Ship but Fare Evaders is a great name. I expect you heard about Johnny Moke.

Furtheron said...

... which is better? There's only one way to find out.... FIGHT!

Oh - sorry... :-)

BTW - to answer your ponderer on my blog re The Damned and UFO - both have featured ex-members of Heavy Metal Kids in their line ups.

Istvanski said...

Harry - Good on you, Mr Coppens, and thank you!

Emerson - You should've been at Griffin Park last Saturday. Those Brentonians have never had it so good.

MoMad - Cheers for your vote! Finland - it's never too late to break out!

Savvy - Why thank you! I shall follow the instructions when I get my thinking head together. You're too kind.
xoxox

Kaz - Well, at least I think they're L*verp**l supporters ;-P
If it ain't Everton or Tranmere, it ain't worth a hubcap...

Jay - Erm, cheers, I think. Have you met Batbitch?

DH - Thanks, Dick. Yes, I did hear about Johnny. He came up with some nifty gear and he'll be missed.

Furtheron - Yeah! Let's settle this the playground way!
Ponderer: Yes, and Paul Gray played bass for both bands.