Sunday, December 10, 2006

Look At My Organ!

Ain't it a beauty? Not bad for twenty six quid, especially when I paid that to see The Eagles get beaten yesterday by Colchester (they gave us a right royal Essex hammering; 3 - 1 to them. I contemplated suicide, but gave myself a reprieve when I heard that Spurs beat Charlton 5 - 1).
*
I bought this keyboard from a nice gentleman from Ealing called James - via Ebay. It's not the best sounding combo organ on the market, but it does sound quite similar to the VIP 255 that Jif and I have worked with in the past although it does have fewer sound generating options. It's also as light as a feather, which is a relief, as many of these antique keyboards are hernia-inducing monster machines (you try lifting a Hammond B3, Mellotron or even that aforementioned bastard VIP 255). It's also one of the last analogue combo organ models that Farfisa ever made, shortly before they jacked it all in to manufacture intercom systems.
*
Anyhow, this week's quiz is of a creative nature. How would you cosmetically customize this sweet sounding beastie? You could even design a stand for it if you want. How about changing the colour of the keys themselves? Wrapping the casing up with furry fabric or even paisley patterned tolex. Go with your imagination, you can even post the drawings up on your own blog (whaddya mean "I've got more important things to do"? The kids can even join in with this competition!).
*
Send your entries to:
'Pimp My Farfisa',
C/o Tim "nuff-rispeck" Westwood,
54 Buyakasha Road,
Da Hood.

6 comments:

Howesy said...

Customisation ready to view at my place mate!

JDA said...

How does this one compare with the Farfisa I borrowed...sound wise?

It looks more modern, is it? well if it's light it must be a newer take on an older design.

Istvanski said...

It was made in around 1980? (that's an educated guess). Soundwise, it's similar to the one we borrowed but it has less options to shape the sound. Basically, it's not as full sounding as the other one, but it still has a charming 'cheap' character to it.

lee said...

I coloured in your organ yesterday and will blog it one day -will let you know.Must say that it does look pretty foul, so be warned !!:).

rockmother said...

Can we look at something else now?

How's the theme tune coming on?

Istvanski said...

Your wish is my command, RoMo.

That theme tune is, er, umm, er going great...