Saturday, September 16, 2006

Audio Ambitions: Part One.

Before you read the rest of this nonsense, here's an IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: JDA's second fabulous folk-pod can be heard by clicking here. So click on the link and scroll down to 'JDAPOD2.MP3'. It's a poddy filled with stunning and very beautiful music and well worth a listen or two. Oh, it's on the peoples' choice of podcast hosting, "Switchpod", so it should work without any log-jamming problems.
* * * * *
If ever I get enough time and money, I'd like to visit Sun Studio in Memphis with the aim of booking some recording time at this prestigious establishment. It's got more history than one of Jif Dump's soiled underpants.

ME: "'Ere mate, I'm gonna plug this Jackson King V into me Line 6 Pod and then you can wack it through one of yer precious valve channels..."

ENGINEER: "Wha...?"

ME: "I'm after that tinny Scotty Moore sound, but in a def-metal kinda way..."

ENGINEER: "Goddamit sonny, dat aint rockabilly - dat's sacrilege!"

ME: "...and while you're at it, point me in the direction of the nearest kebab shop."

ENGINEER: "You'll need to take the Greyhound to Bodrum."

ME: "I won't be eating any dog meat mate, us Brits are used to a regular rat handbag."

ENGINEER: "Limey asshole..."

**********
**********
CPFC UPDATE: Speaking of kebabs, Shefki Kuqi won it for us today at Sparrow Road. Kuqi, a teetotaller, went ahead with his plan and left Worthington bitter.

Quick podcast plugs: JDA's first, the fifth and sixth from RoMo, Comfy Underpants' 3rd, Billy's fourth and Swipe's 20th Cod-Pod.

14 comments:

JDA said...

My link has been removed, I don't think anyone listened to it other than yourself, so in my sulk I removed......

rockmother said...

Don't be so silly - I started to listen to it - I thought I sent you a message to say it keeps stalling and isn't downloadable. Put it straight back immediately (as an mp3 if you can)! The Romo has spoken.

JDA said...

didn't get the message? it's back as a mp3 or though it was before try again and good luck!

Istvanski said...

I hope you were pleased with that Hargreaves fellow doing the work in your absence.

Anonymous said...

Sun Studio is cool. I'd like to go there to breathe with its ghosts, but your idea sounds like much more fun.

JDA said...

he did a stunning job!

rockmother said...

Vanski - are you stuck on a train somewhere? Do we need to send someone to come and open the doors?

Istvanski said...

No, not me RoMo...I'm at home inprisoned in my own comments in-box, considering a quick-half arsed podcast...bollix, I'll do it tomorow.

Thanks for your concern RoMo, though if I knew that I was exposed to danger whilst on a train, I'd be the first one to get out of that can-on-wheels. You won't see me for dust running down that track...I'll be as quick as I can in getting help for the rest of my beloved passengers.

rockmother said...

Mmm...podcast - sore point in my camp - just lost third attempt at no7. Currently resisting the urge to chop my laptop into tiny bite-size pieces and lob them over the fence at all the squirrels in the park at the back of my garden. It's such a pain in the back-side I can tell you - talk about blood, sweat and tears. Oh go on - you do one and by the time you finally put it out I'll be all calm and restored to normal sanity again - ready for the next onslaught of pod.

Istvanski said...

Don't cut up yer laptop into tiny bits for them to be thrown out of the window...I hear Molly needs a machine!

How come you've lost it at the third attempt? I thought Macs were meant to be the mutt's nuts for media applications?

rockmother said...

No they are not - they're bollocks! Anyway - I suppose I will try again and keep saving every two minutes. It's enough to give someone obssessive compulsive disorder!

West said...

Scotty Moore Sound?

Try a Gibson ES 175 (later a luscious blonde l5 - PHWOAR!!) with a bit of tape echo Istster. The L5 had P-90 p'ups which give it that really trebly bite on the solos. Even though he was using a really beautifully warm toned jazz guitar, the playing on stuff like Baby Let's Play House has a real edge to it.

Marvellous stuff.

rockmother said...

I tool a big deep breath and I've finally got it up - ooer madam nooooo! Check aahtt switchpod innit?

rockmother said...

Of course I meant took!