Friday, January 04, 2008

Where's My Thingammyjig?

Can anyone tell me how long I have to wait for HM customs to clear and assess duty and VAT for an item that I ordered from the USA? This is becoming infuriating. I'm not used to all this hanging about, this is an instant society that we live in and I demand good cervix.
It was payed for two weeks ago. Am I being unreasonably impatient? Or shall I put it down to the delivery backlog caused by another Xmas season of capitalism? I'd be lying if I said that possession of said thing was critical to my existence. But I simply must have it with me, now.
NOW!
So listen here mister customs officer. Stop being such a jobsworth and clear my item before any of the others. It's a gift, right, so that means I shan't be paying any crappy crippling taxes like the ones that I already 'donate' through PAYE.
So hurry up fascist, or I'll get Smiley Culture to write a song about you.
At least I've got some good news in that I've just discovered that I'm entightled to a new pair of specs paid for by work. Isn't life grand, eh folks?

10 comments:

rockmother said...

I do suppose it all depends on what sort of 'item' it may be Isterness. Hm?

Istvanski said...

All I'm saying is that I ordered it from the back pages of 'Soldier of Fortune'.

Howesy said...

Has it arrived yet? Has it arrived yet? Has it arrived yet? Has it arrived yet?..... repeat ad nauseum.
This is what it's like in Istvanski's head at the mo!
BTW, that short film (partly) stole one of my promotional video ideas, bastards.

Istvanski said...

I can't wait to do that.
The film, not the BJ that is...

Must rush, I'm orf to Vicarage Road.

rockmother said...

Not another supergun kit?

Alan said...

Relieved I must confess .....
to discover it was his gear-stick. I was beginning to feel quite small.
In the face of a powerful set of jaws I can get back in the water.

Istvanski said...

RoMo - Zupergun? I vass vandering ven yoo vould cotton on, Mr Bond. Und vid dis contraption I vill rool ze vurld. Bwahaha.

Sean - You were relieved? The bloke in the car wasn't. Swim away and enjoy the welcoming waters of the Baltic. What's the weather like in Kirjala?

Dick Headley said...

Don't tell me you ordered one of those add inches machines. They don't work.

Istvanski said...

Nah. I've always gone for the 'stapling paperweights to the foreskin' method.
It's made me the man I am today.

llewtrah said...

I've never had anything stopped by customs because of duty. Mind you, i only order CDs, DVDs and books in small quantities. Once had a package from the Netherlands officially searched. It was a video from a friend but they were checking for drugs.