Monday, May 18, 2009

Backslaps All Round

The Noblisse Oblige Award
1) The Blogger manifests exemplary attitude, respecting the nuances that pervades amongst different cultures and beliefs.
2) The Blog contents inspire; strives to encourage and offers solutions.
3) There is a clear purpose of the blog; one that fosters a better understanding on Social, Political, Economic, the Arts, Culture and Sciences and Beliefs.
4) The Blog is refreshing and creative.
5) The Blogger promotes friendship and positive thinking.

The Blogger who receives this award will need to perform the following steps:

1) Create a post with a mention and a link to the person who presented the Noblisse Oblige Award.
2) The Award Conditions must be displayed at the Post.
3) Write a short article about what the blog has achieved - preferably citing one or more older pos(s) to support.
4) The Blogger must present the Noblisse Oblige Award in concurrence with the Award conditions.
5) Blogger must display the Award at any location at the Blog.

This award was presented to me by Savannah over at Savmarshmama. God knows why, but bless her heart, she's very kind. I think she likes my rough London accent whenever she listens to one of my podcasts, but then again, who wouldn't? Apart from that, this blog has two sides to it; music and football. When it comes to subject matter, I'd try being more diverse if I could but music and football is all I know and I'm no expert in either. That must make me a right jammy cunt when it comes to receiving this award, 'cos I know bugger-all about "Social, Political, Economic, the Arts, Culture, Sciences and Beliefs" etc...
Not sure as to the clear purpose of this blog, vanity publishing perhaps? Therefore I shall swiftly move on to passing the buck...er, I mean, baton to 5 bloggers who I think are far more deserving than me:

1) Joanne - I Have Seen The Whole of the Internet
This self-styled internet caretaker has proved herself to be an invaluable source of hilarity with her posts. Joanne sorts out the web wheat from the chaff so you don't have to! It's the ideal place to go for light relief everytime you feel bored of the net. Great entertainment and more wholesome than Bebo.

2) Dick Headley - The Voyage of...
Quality writing should come at a price, but Dick has very kindly given us hours and hours worth of reading pleasure for gratis. He is cultured, astute, well travelled and has a knowledge of sixties culture that I'm envious of. Better than Chuck Woww ;-)

3) Slaminsky - Slaminsky
The debate that this blogger generates is invaluable, from politics to clothes and although I don't always agree with certain viewpoints, most posts are thoroughly thought provoking as well as educational. Culture comes from her photography of east end street art, the stuff that you'd walk right past without noticing. But thanks to Slammers' eagle-eyed observation, this high-brow form of graffitti is available for everyone to see.

4) Dive - Small Glass Planet
Unfortunately for his readers, Dive has decided to post less frequently but he is enjoying his freedom from being chained to a PC and why shouldn't he? The summer is upon us and we have to make the most of our short-lived weather by venturing outdoors for some natural vitamin C and let's leave the laptops at home...sorry, I've gone off on one. Dive's posts are full of cultural joy; cooking, architecture, guitars. What more do you need?

5) Stray Photon - Spraying The Rays
My all time favourite blog and third time award winner. Stray has got a lot of mileage from Hull City AFC, following their trials and tribulations and presenting them to us in a well written and concise manner. I loved that post he wrote regarding Leeds United's relegation a few seasons ago and I'm sure he'll come up with something just as good very soon, he always does.

Thanks again to Savannah and thanks to everyone who has stopped by to read this blog.

14 comments:

The Mistress said...

I come here for the kebabs.

Dick Headley said...

Another bloody award! I must be doing something wrong.

savannah said...

you are most deserving, sugar! besides, i figure y'all are good for a pint or 2 when next i'm in london! ;) xoxoxo

Joanne Casey said...

Congrats and thanks, Isti...funny, I was reading the award description thinking how I would never win it with my uncreative blog :-)

KAZ said...

Congratulations.
You linked to some excellent blogs. Those people are so smart - it sometimes makes me wonder why I bother.
But at least I have good pictures.

Joanne Casey said...

...are you sure you haven't made a mistake, I've had a good look at my blog - my dogs turds have more artistic merit.

UBERMOUTH said...

Really? I thought THAT blogger was an urban myth.

Unknown said...

chazza said: JC. . .your blog never fails to raise a smile, an eoow!! (with goose bumps. . Or bladder jerker), or just old pure lmfo laughter. Many blogs fail. Xxx

Istvanski said...

MJ - Would you like some hot sauce to go with the meat?

DH - You're too bloody modest, Headley.
;-P

Savvy - Thanks, when ya'll coming over, Sugar?

Joanne - You won it on the basis of the exceptional dog turd promotion...trust me, it's a cultural award...
;-P

Kaz - You bother because you love blogging and bloggers love you. That's a good enough reason, isn't it? By the laws of six degrees of separation, you'll have the same award coming round to yours in three weeks.

Ubergob - Which blogger are you referring to? I can assure you that Stray Photon is very real. And why are you whoring your talents out to a select readership?

Momentary Madness said...

Congratulations!!!

Deano said...

Too kind. See you at Selhurst next season.

rockmother said...

Congrats and a well deserved award Mr Ister. By the way - linked to your sailing the seas of ska here:http://therockmother.blogspot.com/2009/05/kaja-whaaaaat.html

Sorry - can't do links as I am technically inept in that area. xx

Annie said...

Aw, thank you, I am touched. I'm much less opinionated and bolshy in real life you know(well a bit) - hurrah for blogs!
xxx

Istvanski said...

MoMad - I fenk yew.

Deano - Has Oldham been promoted? Do you still play for them? Shame about the white shite losing out to M*llw*ll (who lost out to Scunny - turned out nice again, don't you think?). I can't wait to see the M*llw*ll v Ch*rlt*n London derby.

RoMo - Cheers and cheers again for the link. I do clickable links in the comments by typing the comment out in the box used for typing out a post. Once you're done, click the 'edit html' tab and copy and paste the entire code into the comments box.
It's going round the houses but it works if you can't be arsed learning html code off by heart x

Annie - Bolshy is good. Your brand of Bolshevism is the vital spice of your blog x